Wanderlust Cambodia by Elizabeth Kiester comes to NY - Pop Up Shop opens in Williamsburg May 7-16 (11 am - 8pm)!!!
Where: 439 Metropolitan Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11211. One block from Metropolitan G + Lorimer L subway stops; 5 mins from Bedford Ave L Stop; short walk to J, M, Z.
Info? Questions? Directions? ask email@example.com
Elizabeth Kiester. This lady is so amazing. You may have heard of high energy people who love life, love people, love travelling, seeing the world, sharing, creating… Well, Elizabeth Kiester, I’ve met her in Siem Reap, Cambodia — she’s the real deal. She embodies joie de vivre. After making it big in New York with Abercrombie & Fitch, Lesportsac, YM, Mademoiselle… (the list goes on) she visits Cambodia, falls in love, gets up and and brings all her her talent and creativity with her as she MOVES to Siem Reap (the northwest of Cambodia). She, judging by her blog and the press, is a perfect addition to the burgeoning growth of artists and creative people in Siem Reap (I’m definitely going to move their at some point). She opens a shop there called Wanderlust and employs young women in a way that nurtures them and their family. The women are paid more than they would earn at generic garment factories, can work from home and take care of their parents and children at the same time.
And did I mention her clothes are so kawaii?? Check out her e-store at Wanderlust Cambodia if you can’t make it all the way to Cambodia — they ship anywhere around the world. (No, I was not paid to write this — read about her, try to meet her — you’ll see for yourself how infectious her passion for life is!)
Check out her story in the links below (photos taken from the blogs below):
- The Inside Source on Elizabeth Kiester’s Wanderlust [April 28, 2010]
- That’s Haute!: interview with Elizabeth Kiester on The Little Red Book “the cultural revolution committed to fashion, music, art, film & a better life” [August 3, 2009]
- The New Siem Reapers: Why are more and more artists moving to Cambodia’s second city? To break free form the chains of monotony numbing their flair, they say. [July 01,2009]
- Siem Reap Scene: 16 July 2009: article in the Phnom Penh Post responding to The New Siem Reapers
- Fashionista - Fashion Designers, Models, Shopping, Style - Life With Elizabeth Kiester! Part I: a piece on the Fashion Guru that opened up her own shop in Siem Reap by Abby Gardner [Jul. 20, 2009]
- Life With Elizabeth Kiester, Part II by Abby Gardner [Jul. 20, 2009]
- First Look: Elizabeth Kiester for Madewell [April 27, 2010]
- Articles about Kiester on fashionista.com
- Featured in Glam
- JUST GOOGLE HER.